R&D Technologist - Recent Graduate - Smoke
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: WI, Beloit
Kerry is looking for individuals who have a chemistry, food science, food engineering or chemical engineering background to work in our growing Meat Systems team.
The successful candidate applies scientific and engineering principles in research, development, production technology, quality control, packaging, processing, and utilization of foods by performing the following duties.
- Conducts basic research and new product research and development of foods.
- Develops new and improved methods and systems for food processing, production, quality control, packaging, and distribution.
- Studies methods to improve quality of foods such as flavor, color, texture, nutritional value, convenience, or physical, chemical, and microbiological composition of foods. - Develops food standards, safety and sanitary regulations, and waste management and water supply specifications.
- Tests new products in test kitchen and develops specific processing methods in laboratory pilot plant.
- Confers with process engineers, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidates must be able to lift 50 pounds, periodically climb ladders or stairs, and distinguish colors.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Food Science or related discipline.
- This role will be based in Beloit, Wisconsin for 1-2 months, then relocate for 6-12 months to work in Kerry's facility in Crossville, Tennesse. All individuals will be required to be mobile and may be required to work at more than one Kerry site throughout the USA.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of chemistry.
-Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.